●If just one out of twenty Americans stopped buying water in disposable bottles, we’d save 30 million pounds of plastic waste a year!
Why you should stop buying water in disposable bottles:
1. We’d save the nonrenewable fossil fuels that are used in the plastic. The oil we use for plastic water bottles could fuel 1 million cars for a year.
2. We’d save greenhouse gas emissions by keeping at least 2.5 million tons of CO2 out of the atmosphere.
3. We’d save water. Twice as much water goes into making a bottle as its contents.
4. Bottled water uses up to two thousand times more energy than drinking tap water.
5. You’ll save at least $440 a year if you drink tap water.
6. 1.1 billion people do not have access to safe drinking water. When private companies take and bottle spring or tap water they endanger the political stability of poor countries and the health of residents who can’t afford to pay for clean tap water.
Myth: Bottled water is safer than tap water.
*Not true. Tests of bottled water have found many unhealthy contaminants. Bottled water is less strictly regulated than tap. Tests of 10 mainstream brands of bottled water found bacteria and toxic chemicals in many of the samples.
What is in your water:
If you want a water filter, decide which one would be best at www.ewg.org/tap-water/getawaterfilter
Choose the best water bottle:
Choose reusable drink bottles made from stainless-steel, tempered glass, high-density polyethylene, low-density polyethylene, polypropylene, and tritan copolyester.
1. Enviro Products www.enviroproductsinc.com
*From the book, “Do One Green Thing…Saving the Earth Through Simple, Everyday Choices”, By Mindy Pennybacker